Sunday, March 1, 2009

Handmade baby shower gifts.

These were some onsies that my co-worker gave to me to give my sister. They were gently used and the only fault we found with them were, "they're kind of...boring." Yes. The plain white and pink and yellow onsies were boring. Or they had little appliques that my sister did not like. Things that said ' I'm the Princess!' or some other such saying. I think the baby will be a princess (being that she is the King of King's child), but we don't want her to walk around with a princess complex or anything. So we covered it up!I used to look at yo-yos and think to myself, "ick!" Shocking because they were so easy and fun to make and are really cute! A quick way to dress up so many things. I think my yo-yo making days are just beginning.

Nothing like a baby shower to change your life. :)
Okay, so I have this fabric that looks like an ice cream cone. I was able to cut up pieces and applique them to this onesie/sleeper (whatever it is) and then I couldn't help myself and added the iScream writing to the bottom. It was supposed to look like the lettering for iPod.
I was told that flannel receiving blankets make better burp cloths than cloth diapers do. I heard that they are easier to wash and keep clean.
But aren't receiving blankets really big? I found this idea for homemade flannel burp rags on a blog somewhere awhile ago and thought it was a great idea.
I have a picture of this quilt when it was just a pieced quilt top. I finished it up and tied it off last week. With all the pink things I knew this baby would be getting, I decided to go for some neutral colors and chose green. She is due just after St. Patricks day and she is part Irish.
That doesn't actually have anything to do with why I chose green for the quilt. :) I just liked the colors.
I put these together in a basket with more onesies from Target (with little sheep on them...aww!) and some baby wash cloths and baby mittens and a rubber ducky (that says HOT on the bottom if the bath water is too hot) and called it a gift.

Wait till you see some of the other handmade goodies given at the shower from grandma's and friends. It was so fun to see the things people made.

No comments: