Sunday, March 1, 2009

Breaks (Written on a Friday, posted on a Sunday)


It's Friday. I'm at work on my break. And it's a lovely day. Today I have the office basically to myself. It is rainy outside. Normally I don't enjoy rainy days like this. I'm a sunshine-loving girl. But every once in awhile I enjoy a rainy day. Especially when it feels almost like spring outside. I also (surprisingly?) enjoy working on Fridays. And I enjoy the opportunity to be alone for a little while with no sounds except my own breathing and the 'drip drip' of the rain outside and the 'tick tock' of the clock on the wall and the clicking of my keys on the keyboard as I wait for 3 o'clock to roll around so I can head home and enjoy the rest of my day. I have plans for this weekend! After a particularly long and trying week I am ready to spend 2 days with family and friends enjoying the people God has placed in my life. What would I do without those wonderful people? They are truly a blessing!

Inhale, exhale; drip, drop; click, clack; tick, tock...two and a half more hours until my lovely weekend begins!

Happy weekend. I hope it's lovely for everyone!


1 comment:

Lisa @ The Hem Line said...

I have bestowed an award upon you! You can visit my blog to pick it up!