Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Another one bites the dust

Well, I had hoped to share a lovely new skirt that I was working on today. I have a pattern that I've been wanting to try for a while now and I decided that today was the day to use it! It's been so much warmer around here lately that I've been wanting to wear skirts and sandals instead of jeans all the time.

I picked out my fabric that I wanted to use and after reading through the directions I pinned my pieces and cut them. I was excited because I had just enough fabric to make this skirt! Or so I thought.

I didn't realize that I was supposed to cut 2 of each of the panels. For some reason I thought I only needed to cut one of each piece. As you can guess I didn't have nearly enough fabric. I cut up a whole piece of cloth and I won't be able to use it. I chose fabric from my stash that I bought about a year ago so there probably won't be any left at the fabric store. And even if there is I have other things I need to be spending my money on. Like school supplies. I was accepted into college for the fall!

Oh well...better luck next time!

No comments: