Sunday, January 31, 2010
Finished project! It's due at noon tomorrow! So glad I finished it at 11:50 pm instead of 4:15 am like I seem to have been doing right before my critiques.
It's amazing how these past couple of weeks I have been reminded constantly of how much Jesus loves me and all of us. I have always known that Jesus loves us (John 3:16), but now I'm beginning to understand how He loves us. I guess there is a difference in knowing and understanding something. I'm adopting Paul's prayer for the Ephesians. Eph 3:14-21. Between the sermons I've heard at church these past couple of weeks, the lessons from the Bible studies I go to and what I've read in my own studies of the Bible recently I am blown away by how much He loves us. The cool thing is it's not just talk. It's action! He continuously blesses us, loves us, teaches us, disciplines us, forgives us...he repeatedly takes us back when we hurt Him. I always thought of God as being above being hurt, but we do hurt Him when we disobey or don't trust Him. But he is so patient and faithful...He never gives up on us. When I slow down enough to actually think about it it is such a wonderful reminder. The maker of the universe LOVES ME!!! Now if only I could keep up with the "slowing down enough to actually think about it" part...I took a 3 hour nap today. It was so nice. I needed it so badly! I am way behind on my sleep!
I'm thankful for a day of rest, productivity and fellowship. Today was such a blessing.
Friday, January 29, 2010
Wish me luck! I'll hopefully be back with pictures of my ceramic pot soon! :) Happy Weekend!
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Saturday, January 16, 2010
It was great to get back on the wheel. I was afraid I'd be all out of practice after not being on it for a month, but I guess it's kind of like riding a bicycle. You get it back pretty quickly. I'm excited for my class this semester. I think my drawing class will be good too. I think I'm horrible at drawing, but already I feel like some things make a little more sense. My 2D design class is kind of intimidating...I hope that I become more confident and comfortable in those classes as the semester continues. I keep reminding myself that I'm a student and I'm here to learn. So it's okay that I'm not great at this stuff. I can get better at it. I have art history with two of the guys from Campus Crusade for Christ. They're both graphic design majors. They make it fun. It's encouraging to have them there. And they're pretty funny.
Well, that's about it for week one! I'm going to do some drawing homework!
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Monday, January 4, 2010
I thought I'd write a short recap of the year's highlights and then maybe list a few resolutions.
Hightlights of 2009:
- Brought in the New Year in DC at Campus Crusade for Christ's conference: Radiate.
- Was surprised when our dog unexpectedly had puppies!
- Welcomed my niece, Olive, into the world.
- Was accepted into college.
- Moved to a new city for school.
- Took my first ceramics class.
- Fell in love with ceramics.
- Switched my major to ceramics. :)
- Got involved with 3 different Bible studies on campus.
- Met new friends. :)
- Lost 15 lbs!
Other highlights include: day trips to beautiful places! Getting to know my niece and hearing her laugh and start to talk. Spending time with friends during summer break. Crafting and cooking and exploring with those friends! Making the President's list for the 3rd time! Getting our Havanese dogs. Being the recipient of a surprise going-away party. Celebrating holidays with friends. Reconnecting with old friends. Finding new interests. Learning a new city. Learning more about myself. Learning more about God.
Every year I like to make resolutions. Most of them I don't keep. Here are a few goals that I would like to accomplish this year:
- Learn to budget my money and be more conscious of how I spend my money. Start a travel fund!
- Love others more. Really, truly love others.
- Be a better friend, sister, daughter, aunt.
- Take swing dancing classes.
- Learn as much as I can in my classes.
- Pursue other interests like nutrition (I am still interested in it even though I am not going to major in it).
- Travel somewhere. Anywhere. It doesn't have to be very far away to still feel like you've traveled. :)
- Learn about accupressure.
- Keep up with blogging.
- Try something new. Be adventurous! Explore!
- Train for a 5K.
- Grow closer to God. Learn more about Him. Become a woman after His own heart. Trust Him completely.