Friday, February 27, 2009

In 2 days

I will get to post pictures of all the things I've been working on! My sister and her husband's baby is due in March and we are throwing a baby shower for her this weekend. There will be about 30 people at our house tomorrow! I'm so excited! There is so much cleaning and rearranging and baking and decorating to do tonight and tomorrow. There is nothing like a baby shower to have an excuse to get together with friends and plan and shop and do all sorts of fun things! My mom recruited me and Becca to run the games for the shower and I have had fun getting together with her and planning and shopping. And of course talking about all the crazy stuff going on in our lives right now. Thank God for friends!

I have been sewing like a madwoman these past couple of weeks! I have found that, like other crafters, I like to show love for people by making them things. Putting time and thought into a gift just for someone is something I really enjoy. And getting something handmade is really touching too. So tonight I will go home and wrap up my gifts for the shower and start in on the baking that has to be done by tomorrow afternoon. We are having too much fun getting ready for this baby!

This will be the first grandchild/niece in our family. I cannot tell you how excited I am to meet the newest little member of our family! We've been praying for this baby since before it was conceived and I cannot wait to see what she looks like and to watch her as her personality develops and as she grows and discovers the world around her. For someone I have never met (though I have felt her kick a few times!), I love her so much. And in about 3 weeks she is due to arrive.

And then I'll probably be so busy staring at her and begging to hold her that I won't be making very much stuff at all! So it's a good thing I've been getting it out of my system now!

I'll be back in a couple of days with pictures!

Have a happy weekend. :)

2 comments:

Cee said...

Dear Grace

I read your comment on Brin's gorgeous departing blog and liked your writing style so came to visit you. We'll miss her!

I wish you well with your lovely party and can vouch for the joy that handmade gifts bring - both to make and receive.

It is also such a delight to watch little ones grow. I have two adorable girls of my own which delight and challenge me every day.

God bless
Cee

Anonymous said...

Rose's Blog Links: is a free service that lets you add your blog link to multiple blog sites with no cost to you. By adding one small Banner to you site blog links will be one click away and your visitors can add their link from your blog. Rose's Blog Links: We will do all the work.