Thursday, March 5, 2009

New Sewing stuff

Over President's Day my Dad asked me if I wanted to go to JoAnn's fabric store. That was the first shock. He never asks me if I want to go there. I used to have to beg him or my mom to take me there.
The second shock was that I didn't really want to go. This necessary self-inflicted/enforced budget makes going out to the store not so fun!
But because he asked me, I went with him. He was refinishing a chair his grandmother gave him and they were getting ready to reupholster it and he needed some foam or something for it.

While we were there I decided to look through the patterns and guess what?! Simplicity had patterns on sale: 5 for $5! So I bought 5, because even on this budget I can afford that. :)I have never watched Project Runway, but I like the idea of wearing summer dresses. That is what these will become. They will probably be a little bit longer, and will definitely have straps. The pictures make me understand the whole concept of 'less is more.' I think I'll wear a little more fabric and show a little less skin, thank you. :)

And I think there is a rule somewhere that states: if able to buy a Built by Wendy pattern(s) on sale, do so immediately! I am just following rules set in place for my good. Right?
And because all of my aprons have issues with laying properly I got this apron pattern. Hopefully it will help me get the idea of how to make good aprons.
And I got this fabric on sale at Wal-mart. I don't like Wal-mart's fabrics, but I did like this print. And the denim was cheap and I want to try to make a skirt so that is where those came from.

Now I really need to start using up my stash. Right now it is spread around my bedroom in a very disorganized way.

No comments: