Tuesday, July 13, 2010

NC Natural Science and History museums! (Or, too many pictures!)

On our last day in NC we visited the Natural Science museum and the NC History museum. I loved the science museum. 4 floors of so many interesting exhibits! I highly recommend it! The history museum was okay, but I guess I'd rather read or listen to a lecture when it comes to history. Science seems to capture my attention much more these days.
Can you spot the T-Rex skelly in the window?
Both museums were across the street from each other. History on the left, science on the right.
Huge whale skeleton!
My parents in front of the indoor waterfall.
he he...playing around. ;)

Cottonmouth Water Moccasin. I believe this is NC's deadliest snake!
Huge disgusting cockroaches. Blech!
Huge disgusting tarantula! Ick! Seriously, these are the things my nightmares are made of.
They had a conservatory with butterflies, turtles, snakes, spiders and sloth.
Somehow I identified with this poor thing. Don't ask me why. ;)
My younger sister thinks this is gross. I thought it was fascinating.
My favorite exhibit at the history museum! They had potters there giving live demos. I watched for awhile. Ohhh, how I miss it!
This was cool too. It was an interactive screen demonstrating a Sabbath meal. There was a large exhibit for NC Jewish history.
Cool ceramic pot made by old North Carolina people. Not sure if Native Americans made this or not. I snapped a photo to file away for inspiration. :)


So that was our last sight-seeing stop in NC. There were a lot of cool things in Raleigh. I'm hoping that when I go back during my Christmas break to walk around downtown a bit and explore. We mostly just drove around the city during this visit instead of walking. I much prefer getting out and looking around. You find so many things you would miss when just driving.

No comments: