Saturday, July 10, 2010

Just Plain Simple...

During our week here I had a chance to catch up with my friend Brianne. I hadn't seen her in several years so it was really neat to see her again. She brought some samples of pendants she's been making. They're made from metal and copper. Most of her work is custom made. I loved the simplicity of the materials and was impressed at the intricacy of some of her designs.


These business cards were designed by Brianne's older sister, Laura. Actually, the entire family is very talented artistically and musically. I very much enjoyed seeing them all again and finding out what they're up to.

One of Brianne's greatest passions is animals. She is very involved in animal rehabilitation. In fact, she brought some of her "patients" with her. She brought a baby robin and a nest of baby house finches that she is handfeeding. Once they're old enough they will be released back to the wild. She has an etsy shop called justplainsimple where she sells her creations. A percentage of her proceeds go to wildlife rehabilitation. I think it's very cool! She doesn't know I'm plugging her like this, so go check out her shop and see her handiwork. :)

No comments: