Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Home again, home again...

So we are back from our trip to visit my parents and younger siblings at their new home in NC. Mom and Dad's new house is lovely. Their neighborhood is pretty sweet too (hello private community pool!).
little house in NC...
where I spent most of the evenings while I was visiting down there...
the little poolhouse...
the tennis courts which we did not use. I've always wanted to learn to play tennis though...
As usual, I came home from my trip with more than I originally brought. Clothing bought at my first ever visit to an H&M, tons of pictures, seashells from the beach, stuff to take back to school with me, and probably a couple of extra pounds along with some fire ant bites (blast those pesky insects!) and a nasty sunburn!
(I have tan-lines for the first time in years. lol. I haven't cared about having a tan for a very long time so this burn was unintentional. I'm not the type to purposely burn to try and get a tan.)

Yes, it was quite a full week! I miss my parents and siblings, but it was reassuring to see them settled in their new house. They are quite blessed because with what they sold their house up here for they were able to buy this house without taking out a mortgage and are in a place where the economy is still pretty good. It's been over a year since my dad lost his full-time job so I'm happy for them since this move has presented them with more job opportunities. Dad already had an interview today and has another tomorrow! We're praying that he'll get a job offer soon! Now I can't believe that there are only less than 6 weeks left in the summer!

No comments: