Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

Long may our Star Spangled banner wave...
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
Happy Independence Day! And happy birthday America!

This 4th of July was great! It was spent in NC visiting my parents at their new place, having a cookout with friends I haven't seen in 7 or 8 years, swimming in the neighborhood pool, a wee bit of crafting, and a firework (yes...just one, lol). Matt, Jacqueline and I drove out to see fireworks but ended up missing them. We heard the neighbors apparently put on a fantastic show which we also missed. But when we drove home one of the neighbors across the street set off a mortar in the street and it was quite beautiful. :) I didn't get a picture of that one, but this is one we barely saw over the treetops on our drive home that night. I just love fireworks.
All in all it was a very nice day. I am thankful that my parents are settled into their new home and are in a good area. I think they are excited to be here. I'm thankful that I live in this country, regardless of its problems.
I'm enjoying my vacation here in NC! We went to the beach today which is where I took the picture of the American flag kite. I'll write more about our visit here later. In the meantime, I hope everyone else had wonderful celebrations! I'm signing out for the evening! Too much sun has me exhausted! :)

No comments: