Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snowy weekend = productivity! And me finishing my homework before 4 AM!

Never have I been so grateful for my iPod as I have been these past three weeks. It makes it so much easier to focus while doing homework. :) I got a lot done this weekend. All my sketches for my drawing class and my 100 Implied Lines project for 2-D design class. I never made it into the studio to play because I was too busy.Fun items: sketchbook, pencil, iPod, kneaded eraser (who knew how much fun erasers are?), and m&ms...I have fun homework. Well, until my hand cramps up it's fun!
Finished project! It's due at noon tomorrow! So glad I finished it at 11:50 pm instead of 4:15 am like I seem to have been doing right before my critiques.

It's amazing how these past couple of weeks I have been reminded constantly of how much Jesus loves me and all of us. I have always known that Jesus loves us (John 3:16), but now I'm beginning to understand how He loves us. I guess there is a difference in knowing and understanding something. I'm adopting Paul's prayer for the Ephesians. Eph 3:14-21. Between the sermons I've heard at church these past couple of weeks, the lessons from the Bible studies I go to and what I've read in my own studies of the Bible recently I am blown away by how much He loves us. The cool thing is it's not just talk. It's action! He continuously blesses us, loves us, teaches us, disciplines us, forgives us...he repeatedly takes us back when we hurt Him. I always thought of God as being above being hurt, but we do hurt Him when we disobey or don't trust Him. But he is so patient and faithful...He never gives up on us. When I slow down enough to actually think about it it is such a wonderful reminder. The maker of the universe LOVES ME!!! Now if only I could keep up with the "slowing down enough to actually think about it" part...I took a 3 hour nap today. It was so nice. I needed it so badly! I am way behind on my sleep!

I'm thankful for a day of rest, productivity and fellowship. Today was such a blessing.

No comments: