Friday, January 29, 2010

I had a visitor!

My niece, Olive, came to visit me!!! Actually, my sister and brother-in-law were passing through town on their way to visit family and they stopped to visit me at school for an hour. We went to Starbucks and got breakfast and had a little chance to catch up. Oh how I miss them. And this little girl...she gets cuter and sweeter every time I see her! She is almost 10 months old now. It seems like time has sped up since she was born. Does having children make it seem like you're living in fast forward? I can't believe how much she has changed in such a short amount of time. She says 'hey dere' now. And she makes an angry face which consists of her squinting her eyes and puckering up her lips and breathing really loud through her nose. It's hilarious! :) If I get an apartment next year I hope my siblings/family can come visit me for a weekend or so. That would be fun!I had my first ceramics critique yesterday. I made an 18 inch coiled pot and had to put an all-over pattern/texture on it. I spent about 50 hours on it in the past 2.5 weeks. Actually, I didn't even get started on it till Thursday of the first week I got back, so it's more like I spent 50 hours on it in the past 2 weeks. And I spent 8 of those hours on it the night before/morning of the critique. On Wednesday I had class from 9-3, work from 4-8 and then from 8:30-4:15 am I worked on it. If I didn't love what I do there is no way I would get anything done on time. I couldn't imagine spending 8 hours in one day on chemistry homework or accounting homework. I'm not going to say I exactly enjoyed being in the studio until 4:15 am, but I didn't mind it too terribly either. I was just exhausted by the time I got home and had to be back up for my 11 o'clock class. Let's just say that eating and sleeping have definitely dropped on my priority list this semester. I'm having a tough time balancing my 6 classes/homework/work and 4 Bible studies every week. I love everything I'm doing, I'm just really having a tough time keeping up with all of it. And it's only week 3! Gah!

Wish me luck! I'll hopefully be back with pictures of my ceramic pot soon! :) Happy Weekend!

No comments: