Monday, January 4, 2010

Self Portrait Tuesday and Braid Wednesday...all on a Monday!

I have lately become somewhat addicted to some of the style blogs around here. Through these I've learned that there is apparently such a thing as Braid Wednesday! I've also found tutorials for how to braid your hair different ways and decided to try some different hairdos. :) I've been french braiding my hair to the side for awhile now because I think it is less damaging to my hair than throwing in all in a ponytail. The tutorial I found was for braiding your hair inside-out instead of just plain french-braiding. I liked the effect a lot. :) I think I may just switch from regular french braids to french-inside-out braids.
I sometimes feel like I run around looking like a mess or worse, a messy teenage boy (I have nothing against teenage boys, but I'm a 21 year old girl and I want to look like one!). Especially when I'm at the studio since I can't wear skirts very easily while working on the wheel and I usually wear stuff that I don't mind getting really messy. In the end I am usually wearing jeans, a teeshirt and either sneakers or crocs. So it's nice to try to do something fun with my hair. It makes me feel better about myself. Before I did dental assisting I used to do crazy things with my hair. I'd put it in a ponytail and twist sections and pin them all over the place. Sometimes I'd twist a ribbon in with them. Or I'd rag curl it really tight and then pin the curls all on top of my head (my friend called them fraggles after the muppets). I did lots of fun stuff with it that I felt wasn't quite appropriate for a dentist office. I miss dental assisting. I enjoyed it a lot. But since I don't feel like I'm representing a professional office I feel like I can be a little more carefree with my hair. You find your silver linings where you can. :)

1 comment:

Christy said...

I think the inside-out ones might be called "dutch braids". I like them a lot too!