Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

2010 is here already! I was sad to see the old year and decade go. I wasn't sure I was ready to say goodbye to it. But it was pretty painless. :) Here's to a new year and decade (raises glass of sparkling grape juice in a toast)! May it bring new adventures and challenges along with opportunities and blessings! I have a few posts lined up that I'll probably start to publish tonight. They're all of projects that I made last year but never got around to blogging about. I did finish a project today that was started last year and if the light is good tomorrow I'll photograph it and show what I finished!

I thought I'd write a short recap of the year's highlights and then maybe list a few resolutions.

Hightlights of 2009:
  • Brought in the New Year in DC at Campus Crusade for Christ's conference: Radiate.
  • Was surprised when our dog unexpectedly had puppies!
  • Welcomed my niece, Olive, into the world.
  • Was accepted into college.
  • Moved to a new city for school.
  • Took my first ceramics class.
  • Fell in love with ceramics.
  • Switched my major to ceramics. :)
  • Got involved with 3 different Bible studies on campus.
  • Met new friends. :)
  • Lost 15 lbs!

Other highlights include: day trips to beautiful places! Getting to know my niece and hearing her laugh and start to talk. Spending time with friends during summer break. Crafting and cooking and exploring with those friends! Making the President's list for the 3rd time! Getting our Havanese dogs. Being the recipient of a surprise going-away party. Celebrating holidays with friends. Reconnecting with old friends. Finding new interests. Learning a new city. Learning more about myself. Learning more about God.

Every year I like to make resolutions. Most of them I don't keep. Here are a few goals that I would like to accomplish this year:

  • Learn to budget my money and be more conscious of how I spend my money. Start a travel fund!
  • Love others more. Really, truly love others.
  • Be a better friend, sister, daughter, aunt.
  • Take swing dancing classes.
  • Learn as much as I can in my classes.
  • Pursue other interests like nutrition (I am still interested in it even though I am not going to major in it).
  • Travel somewhere. Anywhere. It doesn't have to be very far away to still feel like you've traveled. :)
  • Learn about accupressure.
  • Keep up with blogging.
  • Try something new. Be adventurous! Explore!
  • Train for a 5K.
  • Grow closer to God. Learn more about Him. Become a woman after His own heart. Trust Him completely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.