Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A quick update!

Good morning! I hope everyone is WAY more chipper than I am today! It's 9:30 am and I woke up at 9 am but am completely exhausted! So far out of all my assignments this week I have done 1 test, 1 paper, 1 quiz, and completed 3 homework assignments. So now I just have to go to my critique, take my other two tests, write my other paper, give my presentation, and do 3 more homework assignments (just three as long as none of my teachers surprise us with a last minute assignment...I've already had one of those this week!) before I hit the road and go home for the weekend. :)

Speaking of my critique, I was at the ceramics studio until 12:30 am trying to finish the mugs I had made. I hade this wonderful goal of making at least 30 mugs but after breaking a few and messing a few up I only have 21. My teacher had told me that if I wanted to be good to turn in 10 mugs, but if I wanted to be great to turn in 30. I was going to try and make 40 so I could be superb, but time got away from me. I still made about 30, I just didn't keep all of them. Hopefully I'll get a couple of photos of my slightly-more-completed mugs to post on here.

Oh, PS: I am going to try my hardest to minor in art. I just love this class too much to stop here. :)

(Sigh) I have a meeting to get to in about 25 minutes and then 4 classes today. I am SO tired. I have at least one blog post that I'd like to do once I upload the pictures from my camera onto my computer. I went to a lecture here at the Creative Arts Center given by a sculptor and it was very interesting. I got a few pictures of his work and I'm going to try to write about it.

When I'm not SO tired that is. :) I'll be in touch!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Wow, 30 mugs?! I'm impressed. No wonder you're tired. I'd love to see pictures of them. Pottery was something I always failed at, so it's fascinating to me the things people can make.