Friday, July 31, 2009

My day

Today I dragged myself out of bed (I need to stop staying up till 1 am reading books!) and went to work for a few hours. My boss is out of town this weekend meeting her newborn niece for the first time (yay for Aunthood!) and I needed to let the computer guy in to update some computer stuff. I wasn't there for too long and after I finished I went over to my sister's home to visit her and Olive. Olive was just waking up from a nap and was all smiles. She seems to be discovering that she has a voice and that smiling at other people causes great joy and squeals and kisses and snuggles so she has been cooing and smiling quite a bit lately which I just love.

We have a new Target! Okay, actually I guess it would be more accurate to say: We FINALLY have a Target! And a Michael's craft store!!! Why am I saying this? Because today Jacqueline and I braved the torrential rains and took Olive to Target (and Starbucks! It was an "I-need-caffiene kind of day) to pick up a few things. I bought some towels for my dorm. I've been looking at other stuff that I'll probably need but I'm hesitant to actually get it yet because I haven't even seen my room and I don't know what will fit and what won't. Anyway, mid-way through the store Olive decided she didn't want to be in her carseat anymore and started fussing. We tried to console her by giving her Jacqueline's sunglasses.
Somewhat pacified for the moment...


This girl has attitude! Doesn't she look like a baby rapper or something? It makes me laugh. The sunglasses didn't keep her happy long and in the end I got to hold her while shopping around. She is so snuggly!

Our town has decided to dress the streets up by putting out artwork. During the summer this takes the form of these easels and different shops downtown decorate them and put them out. This fabric and I guess yarn shop (I've never actually been into this store surprisingly) put up an easel with knitting needles and yarn as a decoration. I appreciated this enough to take a picture of it while we were at the stoplight. Check out my sister's blog to see another sample of the easels. She wants to go back and photograph a few more so keep an eye out if you'd like to see what our town considers 'artsy.' :)

I'm hoping to get the binding and all for my quilt tomorrow! This will be the first adult-sized quilt I've ever made!

Happy weekend~

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

love those pictures...she should wear giant sunglasses all the time. they fit her star-struck personality. ;)