Friday, August 7, 2009

One more thank you

I made one more card for a co-worker this past week. It's hard to believe that I'm actually finished working at the dentist office for awhile. I've been working with this doctor for 2 years and I will miss her and my co-workers. I'm excited about leaving for school though and I know there's a lot to do in preparation.
I'm baby-sitting my niece tonight. My sister and her husband went to a concert at a Messianic Jewish church with a friend from Bible study. I told them I'd watch Olive for them at least once before I left for school so they could have a night out. I completely adore this baby, but boy has she got a powerful pair of lungs (which I am grateful for). She was so sleepy and couldn't fall asleep so much crying ensued until she finally cried herself to sleep. Then she unswaddled herself, woke up and cried some more until I fixed the swaddler and put her back to bed. She cried some more and finally fell asleep again at which point she started hiccuping and waking herself up so then she'd cry some more. Now she is sleeping and I keep tiptoeing in every so often to make sure she's doing okay.

So far so good. I started quilting my quilt and messed up the back and had to rip out about a thousand stitches. I am a complete novice at quilting and have a somewhat haphazard way of crafting anyway so I'm learning a lot and having fun even though I've had to go back and correct a few errors. It's all good. :) Now I just need to finish that quilt up before I leave in 2 weeks. And I still need to post pictures of the skirt I made.

Lots to do and so little time.

Until later~

3 comments:

Laura said...

Are you hand quilting or machine quilting? :D I love and adore hand quilting - but alwwaaaays mess up if I machine quilt. So sad.

Chara Michele said...

I can't wait to see your quilt finished! :)

Jacqueline said...

the quilt's looking so good - and the cards are adorable! i never thought of sewing things onto paper before. i bed embroidered cards might be cute too..