Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sooo...

I have worked on some projects since I last posted here. And while I would love to post pictures of what I was working on, I am instead going to just browse through blogs while snuggling a very new and rather weak puppy. My dog (unexpectedly) had 5 puppies on Friday night and we lost one on Monday morning. We took the other 4 to the vet to have their dew-claws removed and they gave us a feeding tube so we could help the one who was too weak to nurse get enough food to survive. It's pretty common to lose a puppy or two, especially during the first litter. Brandy (the mom dog) did very well, but I think a couple of the puppies went too long before they got to nurse and I think that just that much time can make a huge difference in how well the puppy does. Thank goodness for science and medical intervention! On Monday night I spent about 4 hours snuggling this little puppy between feedings. I hope so much that he will be okay.
Tomorrow I am meeting my friend and going to a "green store." It's not a health food store, but it is an all-natural/organic product store. Woo hoo!

No comments: