Sunday, February 8, 2009

Completed project!

This was my last project of 2008 and my first project of 2009. I made it out of 2 fat quarters and some suede-ish fabric and also a sweater that a friend gave me. I loved the color and texture of the sweater, but unfortunately it looked terrible on me. Now I can still 'wear' it and I think it is much more flattering this way. I'm pretty pleased with the way this project turned out. The handles are a little bit crooked and it looks a little bit lopsided, but it looks much better in person. You'll just have to trust me on that.


One of these days I am going to get a 'real' bag (maybe) instead of using these floppy fabric ones (maybe I should start to use interfacing?) even though I enjoy the versatility and fun of handmade bags. But I think that when you get to be a certain age you should probably get a good quality bag that will last you awhile and can be appropriately carried at all times.

But I'm not in a big hurry. For now I'll just enjoy this one.

No comments: