Thursday, February 26, 2009

whew! What a week!

It's been one of those weeks. Stress levels are running high. Our hygienist put in her notice at work. My boss is really stressed out and I feel like it's affecting the office. I found out my plans for school have been changed. 10 more people are coming to the baby shower this weekend so Becca and I met up last minute to change our plans for games, which was nice and I am pleased with the alternative games we chose.


Sigh. I am so ready for this week...no...more than that...this time to be over. I can't stand not knowing what is going to happen to me. I can't stand waiting and waiting to find out what my future is tentatively going to look like. I'm so frustrated and I feel so alone. And I feel scared too. I hate feeling this way.

This past year has had its share of highs and lows. I've struggled with a lot of things this past year that have caused me to be kind of down. But when I am very stressed out or struggling with something, somehow God provides encouragement for me. Sometimes it is through a conversation with my mom or sister or a friend. Other times it is in unexpected places. I was browsing through blogs (so what else is new?) and on one of the blogs I was looking at the author posted part of Psalm 37. And it was exactly what I needed to hear (or read). I'm going to post pieces of the Psalm here, but you can view the whole Psalm by clicking on
this link.

Psalm 37:3-8, 18-19, 23-24

3 Trust in the Lord and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
4 Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you your heart’s desires.

5 Commit everything you do to the Lord.
Trust him, and he will help you.
6 He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn,
and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.

7 Be still in the presence of the Lord,
and wait patiently for him to act. (so hard to do!)
Don’t worry about evil people who prosper
or fret about their wicked schemes.

8 Stop being angry!
Turn from your rage!
Do not lose your temper—
it only leads to harm.


18 Day by day the Lord takes care of the innocent,
and they will receive an inheritance that lasts forever.
19 They will not be disgraced in hard times;
even in famine they will have more than enough.


23 The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
He delights in every detail of their lives.
24 Though they stumble, they will never fall,
for the Lord holds them by the hand.

Oh my, those last verses are the part that I really NEEDED to hear! I get so anxious about making decisions and facing unknown situations. Knowing God is holding my hand and directing my steps and delighting in every detail of me life is such a comfort. And even if I stumble, Jesus won't let me fall. What a beautiful promise!

No comments: