Thursday, April 15, 2010

new and improved...

From the mugs I made last year. I think these look much better! They're taller and thinner and glazed better...when I first saw them when they came out of the kiln I was SO excited because they looked SO much better than my mugs from last semester (which were really awful). Then the next day I went to the pre-NCECA show and thought to myself, "my mugs are really awful." And they are. But compared to last semester, they're much better! It's nice to see some progress but it's motivating to know you have a long way to go before you're good at what you do. I'm really enjoying slip-work and wax-resists and putting texture on my stuff. It makes glazing more fun.

That pitcher on the top right side of the shelf is not something I made, but everything else is mine.

No comments: