Thursday, April 15, 2010

Landscape art....or at least let's call it that...

My 2D design teacher gave us an extra-credit opportunity. We had to do landscape art and the only rules were that it had to involve the landscape, wool, and bright colors not normally found in the landscape.
This is what my group came up with. We used several colored yarns to tie a tree to a rail. I think our teacher liked it. We gave it a really pro-environmental interpretation and I think that my teacher liked that. It seems like all people want to make art about the environment these days. I believe we should take care of the environment, but to be honest I'm getting bored of everyone making art about it. So to me this project wasn't as much about making a statement about the environment as it was about getting extra credit, but it was pretty fun anyway.

No comments: