Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Silhouette Project

In my 2D design class I had to pair off with someone and create a silhouette that demonstrated some form of conflict. My partner and I decided to do a storm scene with a tornado. We decided to make our tornado 3D by having it come off the paper. We even added a strobe light for special effects. We were going to try to have a whole bunch of other cool stuff like a fan blowing things around inside the tornado and storm sounds and we were even thinking about bringing in spray bottles and squirting people while they looked at it. In the end we just had the strobe light though. :( Oh well, it was still pretty cool. It was too awkward for me to photograph, especially since it was hung in a narrow hallway so I videoed it instead. This way you can see the strobe light too. We wanted to put the strobe light inside the tornado, but it didn't end up working out. Instead we had to put it on a stool and let it shine on it from the outside.

Check it out!


Sorry for the poor quality of the video...pretend it's awesome, okay? :)

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

awesome. being an art student looks like it's a lot of fun..