Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Quilt Top

I had a hard time photographing this last night. The lighting was bad so I used my flash. But this is a pretty fair idea of what it looks like. I'm thinking of using a dark green binding around the edges. I'll probably pick up the stuff to finish it this weekend sometime.I'm not 100% sure of what I'm going to do with it after I finish it. It makes me want to make lots of other quilts. I got the idea for this quilt from Joelle Hoverson's 'Last-Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts.' It's loosely based on the 'Stacked Coins' quilt and the 'Just Sweet Enough' quilt. I have SO many sewing books, but 'Last-Minute Patchwork' is one of my favorites. Especially since the quilts in there are very contemporary so I don't think I'd lose my patience on any of those and quit mid-project. I'm very excited though because Angry Chicken and Anna Maria Horner and both putting out new books this fall and I can't wait to go look at them at our Borders. Not that I need anymore books, but it's so fun to look through them. I love the fabrics that are used in these books.
Speaking of fabric I stopped in at our local fabric shop (we only have 1 nice one that I'm aware of) yesterday when I was off work. They had some beautiful fabrics in there. I didn't buy any of them, but I have a feeling I will be paying that store another visit. Especially during the school semester when I have to be out anyway!
Dad surprised me by say, "if you want to go to JOANN's sometime, just let me know," the other day. He has never offered to take me to JOANN's before. It's not a very interesting place to him (which I understand). I think he knew I was feeling kinda down this past weekend (oh the joys of being a girl...) and he was trying to cheer me up! It was very sweet of him. I think I may take him up on that offer sometime soon!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: