Saturday, August 2, 2008

Door Hanging


I made this door hanger for my friend Courteney.  She is going to be an RA this year at her school and I had this idea for a door hanging that had a pocket for messages.  There is a notepad and pocket so people can write a message and leave it for her in the pocket in case she's at class or the gym or doing errands and can't speak to them right then and there.  There is also a thinner pocket for a pen or pencil to fit into. I left the upper right hand part of the hanging bare so she can add things to it herself to personalize it.



I had wanted to put a dowel through the top of it and hang it with a ribbon or something, but I didn't have a dowel at the house, and honestly, I was doing this project at the very last minute right before I was about to leave to go see Courteney for the last time before she leaves for school.  So I used a hanger instead.  Sorry, Court! 
And here is a close up of the fabric and notepad.

I know I haven't posted on this blog for awhile.  I spend a lot more time on my other blog.  I have been doing some sewing, but it is mostly coming out kinda...bad.  So I've been scrapping a lot of the stuff that I've made.  I'm becoming inspired again though so maybe I'll start making some things to post on here soon.

No comments: