Monday, May 31, 2010

bobbies with buttons

Remember these? I got them at The Purple Fern (I love that store!) in Winchester, VA. It's such a fun and inspiring little boutique. I love buying the little fabric covered button bobby pins that are sold there. I love digging through the little bucket she has just for these little hair clips.

I have since found out that these are SO simple to make! I bought a fabric covered button kit from Joann's and a bunch of refill packs (and 2 spools of elastic thread, although that's completely unrelated to button bobby pins) for $7.23 cents the other day and this afternoon I made 5 of these little guys. It was super fast and easy...sometimes that's exactly the kind of project I need.
Ta daaa...aren't they cute? I am thinking of putting a couple on a snap-clip for my niece. She can still pull bobby pins out too easily.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial day weekend.

1 comment:

Kitonious said...

LOVE the bobbies. :)