Thursday, April 2, 2009

She's here!

My beautiful niece, Olive Evangeline, arrived on Wednesday morning (yes, April Fools day) at 12:50 AM. She weighed 8 lbs, 3 oz, and was 20 in long. I was there for the whole thing. It was quite an honor!

Just watching her be born was so cool. I think my dental assisting background helped me out a little bit. In the way that I am more comfortable in more intense situations and seeing people get shots and in pain and bleeding doesn't make me woozy or panicky. But yeah, I was so proud of my sister. She was great through the whole thing. Very focused. Especially after she got the epidural! :) But even before then she did very well.

Watching Olive be born I can only say there is definitely a God, our Creator, who designed women to be able to carry a baby so perfectly and who made my BEAUTIFUL (!) niece. She doesn't even have a cone-head! My sister was SO close to having to have a C-section because of some complications, but in the end she was able to deliver naturally. She is exhausted and she lost a lot of blood, but both Mommy and baby (and Daddy too!) are doing well and they are going to stay with us this weekend. I'm so glad I'll be on spring break. It will be great to get to spend some time with them.

I'm so tired, but I'm really glad it's over and now we can get to know this newest member of the family and watch her grow. It's very exciting.

No comments: