Friday, October 2, 2009

Ceramics update

So I had my first critique in my ceramics class last weekend. It went alright. I made a B+. I was a little bit devastated. I really wanted an A! These are my mugs...most of them. It's not a very good shot of them. Some of them look better in person. I actually threw away quite a few of them. The ones that I didn't like that much went back in the slurry. I think I made more than anybody else did. I didn't reach my goal of 40, but I submitted 21 and had made close to 30. I've made a few more since then too. My classmate, James, made these guys. I liked his monster mug so much I asked if I could take a picture, to which he replied, "please do!" Oh, I might add that I'm the only person who brought my camera to class. :P Apparently no one else in my class knows the bliss that is blogging.

Such awesomeness. :) Now that they've been fired once (I think it's called bisque firing) I think all the mugs look even better! I think we're going to start working on glazing this week too which is exciting.
We're working on pots with lids now. It's quite a bit more complicated...we'll see how this goes! I'll probably be spending a lot of time over there tomorrow working on those. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

they look AWESOME!! though I'm not sure what's going on with that funky looking one...anyhoo, I'm sure it will look fantabulous when it's fired and glazed and whatnot. excited for you!

Gracie G. said...

that one was done by my classmate, James. It's a monster. Those are supposed to be eyes and tentacles, lol. The picture I took of mine isn't that great because you can't see that they all have handles...you'll have to see them in person to know what they actually look like.

Miss you!