Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Whatever...

Finally brothers:








I love this idea and am going to do it again. Only better next time. Unfortunately I think this series falls under the "you lose some" category. But I think it has potential.

I did this as a way to deal with my frustration with certain teachers who seemed to think that art dealt with mainly lewd, crude ideas. I had a very bad week that week and Philippians 4:8 really spoke to me during that time. It's funny because I remember reading that verse at the beginning of that rough week and then it came back up during a Campus Crusade for Christ meeting. So that weekend I started these guys.

Even though they're really rough around the edges I am going to push this idea farther and keep working with it.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Wow, I love your mugs! That was my first memory verse as a kid, and I still remember it! It's so amazing when God works through His word to encourage you. I actually get frustrated myself sometimes with how much crude stuff exists in the art world.

Christy said...

Hi again, I just wanted to thank you for posting about this verse--it made me reread Phillipians and the Lord has really been working on me through it.